"Konix Here At Last" proclaimed the headline leading off this issue. The much hyped Konix Multisystem was going to be available to buy this month at stores across the UK for around 200 quid. Not all of the eagerly anticipated peripherals would be on sale to start with - the hydraulic chair was "on the horizon" and expected to cost another 200 quid. Of course, sadly, none of this was to be...
A rather uninspiring looking joystick had been released by Fourth Dimension. Unlike the norm of the day, the directionals were not micro-switched (the 2 fire buttons were) but apparently it had become the go to for Julian and Paul.
The producers of ground breaking TV show Knightmare were looking for kids to compete in their upcoming sci-fi themed "The Satellite Game".
The PC show was coming up, taking place at Earl's Court. It would be open to the public on Saturday the 30th of September and the 1st of October for a measely £3.50. There were a few big stands to look out for: Ocean's "whopper" packed with coin-ops, Activision's.. packed with coin-ops, US Gold's... packed with coin-ops... Virgin's.. Sega games.
Empire had signed a fresh faced up and coming Spurs player for their new footie game, "Gazza's Super Soccer".
Stuck to the cover this mount was a "Holo Preview". Basically a hologram of a game screenshot. My mag had one of "Interphase". It wasn't terribly exciting.
- "Batman the Movie" Ocean - Spectrum/C64 92% C&VG Hit "A beautifully crafted film tie-in which fully captures the excitement and atmosphere of the movie."
- "Sim City" Maxis/Infogrames - Amiga 94% C&VG Hit "An opportunity to build your own world - then watch it tell you you're doing a very bad job. A fabulous, amazingly addictive and highly entertaining game which shouldn't be missed."
- "Dragon Spirit" Domark - Spectrum 81% ST 82% "An addictive conversion which contains all of the features of the original machine."
- "Myth" System 3 - C64 90% C&VG Hit "System 3 add another superb arcade adventure to their catalogue. In fact, you'd have to be pretty thtupid to Myth it." [ugh]
- "F15 Strike Eagle II" Microprose - PC 93% C&VG Hit "Stunning to look at, great to play and packed with many useful and exciting features - F15 II is definitely top gun in the flight simulator stakes."
- "Shufflepuck Cafe" Broderbund/Domark - Amiga 80% "A class piece of gamery, with smart graphics and a superb opening soundtrack. Could be the game your mouse was made for."
- "Quartz" Firebird - ST 80% "Smooth and colourful eight-way parallax scrolling and a great soundtrack make Quartz immediately appealing, a feeling that doesn't wear off for some time."
- "Bomber" Activision - PC 89% "Stunningly realistic graphics and hours of uncomplicated flying make Bomber a real flight to remember."
- "Arthur" Infocom - Amiga 91% C&VG Hit "One of the best text-only adventures yet released - definitely one for traditional adventure fans to watch out for."
- "Ghouls 'n' Ghosts" Capcom - Megadrive 96% C&VG Hit "A perfect arcade conversion, undoubtedly the best 16 Bit Sega title yet. Let's hope this is the shape of things to come!"
- "World Cup Soccer" Sega - Megadrive 83% "Loads of options, slick graphics and oodles of playability make this a very high quality football game which Megadrive owners shouldn't miss."
- "Populous" Bullfrog/EA
- "Forgotten Worlds" US Gold
- "Kick Off" Anco
- "Robocop" Ocean
- "Green Beret" Hit Squad
- "Enduro Racer" Hit Squad