Virgin snapped up Sensi's upcoming war game, "Cannon Fodder".
TV show Gamesmaster was set to return for a second series and the production company were on the look out for young talent to take part.
Ocean were porting the Nintendo hit "Bart Versus the World" to the Amiga.
Last month news arrived that Acclaim had gotten the rights to Williams' "Terminator 2" arcade machine, and while that was indeed the case, it turned out it would only be heading to the consoles.
Inspired by porting the original to the Nintendo consoles, Archer Maclean wrote in to the letters page to say he was working on a sequel to "Dropzone" (unreleased?).
"Legend of Kyrandia"was to be the next RPG from Westwood Associates.
Titus was beavering away on the next instalment in the Crazy Cars series, "Crazy Cars III".
Bullfrog had 40 more challenges in store for fans of "Populous II" in the form of a data disk.
Amiga music great Allister Brimble had released a cassette tape, "The Team 17 Works", which was available via mail order. I myself ordered this back in the day!
On the cover disks this month: "Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis", Team 17's "Waggle-O-Mania", "Galaxians" (PD), "Formula One Grand Prix" cheats, "Pushover", "Striker" and this month's Trickshot & Golfing Greats entries.
An interview with Team 17's Martyn Brown.
The A600 arrived and The One gave it the once over. They were, at best, unconvinced, but more generally confused about what this offered given it cost more than current A500 bundles.
- "Assassin" Team 17
- "Superfrog" Team 17
- "OHP Racing" Team 17
- "Alien Breed II" Team 17
- "Premiere" Core Design
- "Zool" Gremlin Graphics
- "Galactic - The Vision Game" Stavros Fasoulas
- "Rookies" Teque/Virgin (unreleased)
- "Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge" Lucasfilm/US Gold
- "Risky Woods" Electronic Arts
- "Red Zone" Psygnosis
- "Silly Putty" System 3
- "Rampart" Domark
- "Aquaventura" Psygnosis
- "Sensible Soccer" Sensible Software/Renegarde - 93% "I'm gobsmacked. Sensible Soccer is just soooooo good it's unbelievable." Testify, brother!
- "Jim Power in 'Mutant Planet'" Loricel - 84% "If ever there was an Amiga game written with eventual conversion onto the Megadrive in mind then Mutant Planet is it. It's so slick it makes you sick."
- "Jaguar XJ220" Core Design - 85% "With either one or two players, it beats Lotus 2 hands down, and is an absolutely essential purchase, right up there with Formula 1 Grand Prix in the sheer entertainment stakes."
- "Ashes of Empire" Mike Singleton/Mirage - 80% "But for all this, Ashes of Empire is a truly impressive game, filled with all the elements that one always associates with great software."
- "Dune" Cryo/Virgin - 90% "Like the book and the film before it, Dune the game has no time for normality and convention - it's a very odd, very imaginative and, also like the book and film, it's impressively sweeping and epic in its scale."
- "Floor 13" PSI/Virgin - 86% "If you're a fan of spy thrillers, particularly from the Le Carre school of writing, you'll love this."
- "The Addams Family" Ocean - 90% "From the central character of Gomez down to the rank and file monsters, the musical touches and the sheer consoleyness of the whole thing, The Addams family is a great game."
- "Colin Curly's Pushover" Ocean - 83% "Pushover could so very easy have been an impossibly frustrating, aggravating game. Instead, thanks to careful design, it's one of the best puzzlers released in ages."
- "Wizkid" Sensible Software/Ocean - 92% "As I go on, I'm finding it increasingly difficult to have any criticism with Wizkid - it's just so tightly and cleverly put together that there are no weak spots or flagging points in the gameplay at all and, like console classics like Mario, you can play it again and again and always find something new to explore."