Confidential Magazine #2 Dec 1988/Jan 1989
Postal strikes had caused delays to the first issue, and - whether it was due to this or some other reason - November came and went without the second issue. Going forward they would be sticking to the every-other-month schedule.
- Interview with Philippe Ulrich, head of the EXXOS group at French software house ERE Informatique which had recently released the rather original and intriguing "Captain Blood".
- A somewhat tongue in cheek guide to playing adventure games.
- A gathering of five of the top adventure gaming columnists at the PC Show. The five were: Nick Walkind, Keith Campbell (C&VG, Commodore User), Mike Gerrard (Your Sinclair), Steve Cooke (ACE), Nik Wilde (Newsfield) and Kati Hamza (Zzap and Crash).
- A look at MUD, including an exerpts from an interview with creator Richard Bartle.
- Keith Campbell examined the evolution of puzzles in adventure games.
- Interview with Silicon Software, developers of "Legend of the Sword".
- An "interview" with Level 9 chatacter Ingrid.
- An in depth piece on the new Advanced Dungeons & Dragons game, "Pool of Radiance".
- A visit to play-by-mail specialists, KJC Games.
- The reveal of the new Magnetic Scrolls game, "Myth",that would be exclusively for club members.
- A short story by Jane Rowe.
- A visit to The Crazy Dwarf in the Sussex Downs, one of the latest LARP groups to spring up.
- Michael Baywater pondered puzzles in games and life.