Confidential Magazine #7 October/November 1989
While they didn't reveal actual subscription figures, the situation sounded a bit grim - the membership fee was to increase and there was a plea for readers to spread the word.
Meanwhile the helpline seemed to have switched to be a largely answering machine based service, and there was a request for solutions to a bunch of big recent adventures.
In this issue:
- The news included details of several upcoming adventures from Electronic Arts and Gary Gygax consulting for Infogrames on "Drakkhen".
- A look at "Talespin", a hypercard type package that allowed people to combine images and text into a series of pages connected via links.
- Details of the "Rainbow Warrior" game that featured arcade sequences depicting Greenpeace campaigns.
- Game industry agent Jacqui Lyons filed a report of a trip to the Soviet Union to meet with developers.
- A preview of "Elvira".
- A profile of strategy/role playing specialists SSI.
- An inteview with Horrorsoft's Mike Woodroffe.
- Play By Mail game "Gothick".
- Part 2 of the "Writing Your Own Adventures" series.
- Advice on how to go about running your own LARP events.
- This month's story was "Future's End" by Simon Scarrow.